Leon Huijbers, Manager of the Campus Congress Centre and Multimedia Department at Technical University of Delft, will present "From Promise to Practice: Proven Strategies to Accelerate Your Campus-Wide Online Learning Initiative," on Tuesday, March 24 from 10:00 – 11:00 a.m. Central. As always, this webinar is free. Simply register before the event at www.sonicfoundry.com/register.
The Dutch higher education market is one of the world’s most advanced in lecture capture and Technical University of Delft leads the pack, recording 80 class hours that attract 10,000 views -- each and every week.
But the widespread success of this ambitious campus program did not come without the usual challenges. Learn how Leon Huijbers and his intrepid Multimedia Department overcame space, funding and workforce shortages that threatened the capture initiative from the start.
Huijbers will present learned best practices including:
- Methods to roll out a campus-wide online learning initiative under one umbrella brand
- Strategies to garner support among stakeholders and influencers, from the student council to the chancellor
- Suggestions on how to counter the objections of reluctant faculty by accommodating their preferences for instruction and channeling student enthusiasm
- Tactics to source educational technology solutions from multiple perspectives, including opinions from AV, IT and academic staff
- Advice to overcome infrastructure challenges to accelerate getting lecture capture technology into tech-less classrooms
His presentation will include the successful strategies that ultimately engaged the faculty, staff and academic leadership of this diverse University, resulting in one of the largest and most successful lecture capture programs in the world.
About our presenter: Leon Huijbers is Manager of the Campus Congress Centre and Multimedia Department at Technical University of Delft. He is the founding father of Collegerama, a web-based environment to organize and publish scientific educational content. He consults regularly with staff from institutes in different countries to help create synergetic distance learning solutions. Prior to his current position, he led mass media campaigns at the Dutch Government Department of Information. Raised in Noordwijk, The Netherlands, Huijbers is Chairman of the national group of Media Directors in Education, CAWO. He publishes and speaks regularly on the subject of technology enhanced learning, and he and his team were honored with the 2008 Rich Media Impact Award by Sonic Foundry for Excellence in Education.