Each December we scan the web horizon for great seasonal content to watch.
This year, we've got the blog to share our roundup of topics - some new, some old, some in version Mediasite 5.0, some in versions of Mediasite yesteryear. Either way, these twelve festive offerings give you an idea of what the Mediasite community is deeming capture-worthy at this time of year.
- A Christmas Cabinet of Curiosities, a demonstration of holiday physics experiments by Dr. Ken Zetie, Head of Physics at St. Paul's School, London, sponsored by the Institute of Physics.
- Numerous holiday treats from the City of Westlake, Ohio including 2009 Parkside Intermediate School 6th Grade Holiday Performance, Crocker Park Tree Lighting and 2008 Breakfast with Santa, Westlake in Lights and Christmas Carolers.
- For book lovers, An American Literature lecture on Winter Dreams, a short story by F. Scott Fitzgerald, from Mr. Michael Edgecombe of Auburn Community College.
- From just last week, the Wisconsin Badger Camp 2009 Christmas Telethon, which raised $64,000 over 9 hours (and might be the longest consecutive Mediasite presentation I've ever seen) to provide camperships to individuals with disabilities, giving them the opportunity to attend Wisconsin Badger Camp. They also created a Mediasite catalog featuring all the auction goodies.
- Also from last week from the Light of Messiah Congregation in Toronto, a presentation on Chanukah (Feast of Dedication) from their 9 Biblical Feasts series.
- Holiday survival tips for Managing Diabetes Around the Holidays with Jean M. Kostak, R.D., CD-N, Diabetes Education Specialist at the University of Connecticut Health Center.
- And Holiday Spending Tips and Tricks with Susan Taylor of the University of Wisconsin Extension presenting a lunch and learn for the Wisconsin Department of Health Services.
- A vintage 2007 episode of s'Cool TV, a bi-monthly newscast written and performed by students across the province of Quebec. In this edition, stories on the The Christmas Spirit.
- Also from Canada, "Do I Need A New Hip and Can I Ski Afterwards?" from Sunnybrook Health Sciences Center in Toronto.
- Here's a little something for the nature lovers on your list. A presentation by Robert L. Jefferies, PhD of the Royal Canadian Institute for the Advancement of Science speaking at York University on "The Embarrassment of Riches: The Ecological Consequences of Increasing Numbers of Arctic Geese."
- For the dedicated athlete, Madison Area Technical College's Winter Biking Clinic where Ali Dwyer takes you through the nitty gritty of riding year round with practical tips and true stories.
- And last but not least, our own holiday offering. Santa doing karaoke. Snowmen protesting global warming. Oh, and a little ditty called It's Mediasite off the award-winning album EZ Streaming.