CBS News Channel 5 KGWN-TV Cheyenne, Wyoming, did a neat story this week on Mediasite at the University of Wyoming, where lecture capture is known as Wyocast. They highlighted a student survey, the results of which I think our readers and Mediasite users will most enjoy:
- 77% of students used Wyocast to watch lectures to review for quizzes or exams
- 74% watched lectures they missed due to absence
- 79% thought it should be available for other courses
- 73%said it added value to the course
- 59% felt it helped improve their overall learning of course content
- 42% felt it improved their overall grade in the course
"There's a high percentage that believes it added value to the class and also it has added to the class content."
Director of IT Student Services
University of Wyoming
We did a story on Wyoming back in 2008 too, "Wyoming Students Take Charge of Their Tuition, Acquiring Mediasite for Fall Classes." And for you academic Mediasite geeks, here's a link to one of the University of Wyoming's publicly-available Mediasite catalogs.
Happy back to school!