Hospitals and healthcare organizations worldwide are turning to video to improve patient care, efficiently train staff and maintain the highest standards in technology, research and compliance with the ever-evolving healthcare regulatory environment.
- In 2016 there were nearly 5 million views of medical-related Mediasite video, including both cloud and on-premises content, which represents an increase of 17% over 2015
- In 2016 there were over 50 million minutes of medical-related Mediasite content consumed; that’s more than 800,000 hours, nearly 35,000 days and nearly 100 years’ worth of video and also running far ahead of last year’s pace
Mediasite is helping to meet the dynamic needs of medical education and hospital training in a variety of applications and institutions which include:
- Uses Mediasite to create, market and sell digital training content to 4,000+ hospitals and healthcare associations in the Netherlands and Germany
- Hospitals can create and share customized content using Mediasite between hospitals via a secure sharing network
Medical Center Leeuwarden
- Large and specialized teaching hospital in the Netherlands, providing interactive staff training programs via Mediasite about how to use a new electronic health records system
- Integration with gamification technology supports engaged learning and boosts retention
- Future plans for Mediasite include making video top priority for learning initiatives with video introductions for new staff, continuing medical education for doctors, recording doctor-patient interactions – with patient permission - for professional development and patient and caretaker education
Marshfield Clinic Health Systems
- Records staff training, professional development and grand rounds via Mediasite
- Clinic has more than 1,200 educational and training videos for practicing and retired physicians, staff and allied health providers
- Videos are available in a secure internal online video portal
ABC for Health
- Creates free educational webcasts for the public about topics such as BadgerCare Plus, Health Reform’s Marketplace, Medicaid and The Affordable Care Act
- Specializes in providing teaching and training relevant to child health coverage for Wisconsin families
- Creates five to 10 videos each week, and the content is seen all over the U.S.
Learn more about Sonic Foundry’s video solution for healthcare at sonicfoundry.com/telehealth.