Deirdre Jones of the University of Toledo will present "Evaluating Lecture Capture Solutions - Understanding Your Total Cost of Ownership" on Tuesday, May 25 at 11:00 a.m. CDT (convert to your time zone here). As always, this webinar is free. Simply register before the event here.
With every investment you make in educational technology, you are buying two things: #1 the concept of change and #2 changing with a particular vendor. Having options is empowering but can also be overwhelming, particularly in this budget climate and as technologies evolve at a rapid pace. Identifying and understanding the different approaches to solving your online instruction requirements, including the various elements of each solution that comprise the total cost of ownership, is paramount so your organization can make a confident and educated decision on best fit for both your short and long term goals.
Jones will share her university's exhaustive approach to evaluating different lecture capture solutions including:
- The objective process and tools her department created for evaluating different approaches to lecture capture, including comparing software only and appliance-based course capture alternatives
- How she engaged team members from leadership, IT and line of business in the review process
- What criteria she used to compare different vendors
- Why opportunities beyond lecture capture are relevant and important
- Why evaluating the total cost of ownership for lecture capture became a key component in guiding their selection
- Her lessons learned having made their selection and completed their first phase of implementation
About our presenter:
Deirdre Jones is the Interim Assistant Director and an Instructor in the Edward H. Schmidt School of Professional Sales in the College of Business Administration at the University of Toledo, the #1 professional sales program in the country (DePaul University Best Practices Research Program, Center for Sales Leadership 2009). Deirdre holds a Master of Business Administration from the University of Toledo in Information Systems and a Bachelor of Business Administration also from the University of Toledo in Marketing with a Professional Sales emphasis. She has trained almost 900 students and working professionals on sales education. Deirdre planned, designed, and launched the technology in the quarter million dollar ESSPS Sales Suites that is also in use in other areas of the college. She develops professional sales curricula, manages outreach initiatives, and publishes sales research.
Hope to see you on Tuesday. Here's that link again to register.