The countdown is on to the seventh annual Mediasite User Conference, taking place April 28 – May 1 in Madison, Wisconsin. What separates this gathering from the rest is its aversion to cookie-cutter conferencing. Whether you’re an UNLEASH veteran or this is your first year, here are a few things you should know about what’s coming in 2013.
1. The best deals for UNLEASH are happening now. Our Early Bird special goes through February 22 and gives you $300 off the list price. There are also special rates for groups. This is the best price you’ll get from now until conference time, so register now!
2. We’ll be "unconferencing" a bit more this year, which means we’re planning more creative, collaborative, participant-driven sessions. From poster-style Show & Shares to more group discussions, you’ll be able to share your experiences, listen to your peers, ask your most pressing questions and help steer the agenda in real-time. How’s that for harnessing the power of authentic learning?If you’re a more traditional learner, don’t worry. We’re keeping some of the time-honored conference sessions as well. Which brings me to the next fun fact…
3. In 2013 we’re adding more education sessions. In years past Mediasite training and technical sessions came in the form of pre-conference workshops. This year we’ve added a full day to the conference and incorporated the training right into the agenda. You’ll have the opportunity to acquire the exact Mediasite-technical knowledge you’re looking for straight from our in-house experts.
4. The Rich Media Impact Awards are happening. If you haven’t considered applying you should. It’s your chance at a Mediasite fame opportunity. All finalists receive complimentary UNLEASH registration, and you get a chance to win a one-year Mediasite User Generated Content Module license.
5. Having fun is a big deal to us. Sure, we want you to go home armed with all the information you need to make your Mediasite program awesome, but we also want you to experience the best of what our hometown has to offer. Building memories with new friends, amazing food, fun networking parties and great music are all means to that end. This year we’ve planned two receptions, an Adult Swim party at the Madison Children’s Museum and plenty of informal opportunities to catch up with Mediasite friends.
We can't wait to see you!