Our customers trust Mediasite to be their educational video platform to take courses to the next level and increase engagement and student achievement. This year, Sonic Foundry has received top honors from industry analysts for being a robust and comprehensive webcasting, video content management and lecture capture solution.
Sonic Foundry was named a Champion in Wainhouse Research’s new report, Streaming & Lecture Capture for Education and Training Market Overview 2016. This summer, Sonic Foundry was recognized for being an energetic company with a high ability to execute, offering a complete end-to-end solution, having a comprehensive vision for the education industry and a strong position for international market expansion.
Wainhouse Research evaluated a large set of lecture capture and streaming vendors, and graded Sonic Foundry as an industry champion based on the following criteria:
- Capacity for and history of technical innovation
- Robust offering of hosted, on-premises and hybrid services, as well as a turn-key event services team
- Agility in developing new products in responding to evolving market conditions
- Approach to partnerships and distribution relationships
- Large global footprint
- Support for learners, teachers and trainers
- Record in sales and deployment successes
“Products like Mediasite by Sonic Foundry that have tools for interactivity, search and performance analytics and a range of content and network management capabilities offer innovation that already is enhancing the quality of education and training,” said report author Alan D. Greenberg, Wainhouse Research senior analyst and partner. “Sonic Foundry offers everything needed, plus additional bells and whistles, for an enterprise or educational institution to deliver a video portal, with social elements, interactive features, advanced search and closed captioning capabilities.”
Read the report at www.sonicfoundry.com/resource/wainhousereport.
For seven consecutive years, Sonic Foundry has been recognized with Frost & Sullivan’s Global Market Share Leadership Award in Lecture Capture Solutions. This year, the analyst firm published an analysis of the Global Academic Lecture Capture Solutions Market and again named Sonic Foundry a leader.
According to the report:
- Institutions are widely deploying lecture capture solutions like Mediasite by Sonic Foundry to stay competitive in the global education market and to meet the growing digital education expectations of students.
- The proliferation of BYOD is driving the uptake of lecture capture solutions and is increasing access to learning and teaching content anytime, anywhere.
- The large gap between higher education prep and requisite job skills has created the need for specialized online training.
Read the report here.