How Companies Worldwide Leverage Mediasite To Drive Event Attendance, Increase Viewership with Streaming Video
MADISON, Wis. — October 04, 2017 — Sonic Foundry, Inc. (NASDAQ: SOFO), the trusted global leader for video creation and management solutions, today announces companies, healthcare organizations and educational conferences are turning to Mediasite Events to stream their conferences to the world to drive event attendance, increase viewership and engage attendees from any location.
- Captured 1,300 conferences worldwide
- Streamed nearly 400,000 hours of video content
- And produced 37,500 videos
With the most experienced project managers and rock-solid technology in the industry, Mediasite Events is the go-to solution for the world’s largest companies and continuing education conferences. Whether it’s a multi-room, multi-track conference or an education event with valuable certification courses, the Mediasite Events team takes care of everything from registration and high-quality streaming of breakout and keynote sessions to ecommerce and housing past content in a digital library and on-site support for events.
Mediasite also allows organizations to rent technology to record events and conferences on their own. Since 2015, Mediasite has seen a 59 percent increase in Mediasite rentals, helping companies capture valuable information.
- Created Citrix Synergy TV by livestreaming hundreds of hours of content at Citrix Synergy
- Turned the in-person event of 5,500 into an online, live and on-demand destination reaching 100,000 people
- Mediasite Events captured more than 100 sessions from 10 rooms and customized the online experience with registration, live chat, a video showcase and project management
- Educational services provider Pearson lacked in-house bandwidth to create an online component for its annual International Conference on Technology in Collegiate Mathematics and turned to Mediasite Events
- 600 people attend onsite, and those unable to meet in person could buy a virtual pass and access the videos on-demand for several months
- Conference registration and ecommerce provided by Mediasite Events
“The biggest need we had was a platform that would support the bandwidth needed for streaming an event of our size and a video library of content we could promote after the event. It’s been fantastic to have all the content built into our website. It’s been synonymous with our website design – really seamless and easy to navigate,” said Janna Dinolfo, Manager, Event Programs, K20 Virtual at Pearson.
- Brand communications and event marketing company helps its clients deliver live events and executive communications
- Sought a strong digital experience for its global computer software company client
- Turned to Mediasite Events to provide streaming services and work with the software company’s in-house content team to create an event landing page, a microsite and a secure customized and branded video showcase
“Mediasite Events gave people the flexibility to transcend physical space considerations, and it allowed the company to segment its market as far as how it was offering the event – in-person or online. Had I not had Mediasite Events with me on this project, it would have been a much more stressful and disjointed experience,” said Karen DeTemple, Founder, Ideas with Impact.
- Streamed three continuing medical education conferences for radiologists using Mediasite Events
- Turned the videos into on-demand webinars and CME courses
- Physicians can purchase the content, through Mediasite Events’ ecommerce solution, and earn credits by watching the videos and taking quizzes
About Sonic Foundry®, Inc.
Sonic Foundry (NASDAQ:SOFO) is the global leader for video capture, management and streaming solutions. Trusted by more than 4,700 educational institutions, corporations, health organizations and government entities in over 65 countries, its Mediasite Video Platform quickly and cost-effectively automates the capture, management, delivery and search of live and on-demand streaming videos. Leading research firms Wainhouse and Frost & Sullivan recognize Sonic Foundry as a leader in enterprise video, webcasting and lecture capture. Learn more at www.sonicfoundry.com and @mediasite.
© 2018 Sonic Foundry, Inc. Product and service names mentioned herein are the trademarks of Sonic Foundry, Inc. or their respective owners.
Director of Communications