A Decade of Lecture Capture’s Impact on Student Success
While many schools are still testing the lecture capture waters, Penn State Hershey Medical Center was one of the pioneers.
The center — which consists of Penn State College of Medicine; Milton Hershey Medical Center, a 500+ bed teaching hospital; Penn State Children’s Hospital; Penn State Cancer Institute; and 30 remote practice clinics — has relied on lecture capture technology as the core of its teaching and training for more than a decade, capturing all lectures for medical students, grand rounds, staff meetings and trainings.
Now, Dr. Russell Scaduto, IT Manager of Multimedia Services, is ready to reflect on how more than 10 years and 12,000+ hours of lectures have transformed the learning experience.
Join us for a live webinar as he shares data and anecdotes that will help you use video to maximize educational impact, whether you’re at a medical school or a liberal arts college. He’ll take your questions live and share:
- Student viewing trends, study habits, and feedback on the value of lecture capture
- The video tipping point, and what happens when students discover the value of classroom video
- How to plan an automated infrastructure for scheduled recordings to never miss a lecture
- How to use Mediasite as a video repository for a Learning Management System
- And, if you’re just starting out, why it’s important to structure video catalogues to adhere to the Digital Millennium Copyright Act