It was a conversation topic that ruled the hallowed halls of EDUCAUSE this year, both in sessions and in conversations: successes and challenges when it comes to accessibility.
In fact it’s such an important topic we decided to address it in our next webinar, How an Accessibility Strategy Can Unlock the Power of Academic Video.
Tuesday, December 16
11:00am – 12:00pm Central
It’s more likely than ever that your university is using video to teach blended, hybrid, online and flipped classes. While the proliferation of online learning has opened up the classroom to more students and created enduring learning, it’s also brought a wave of accessibility issues that, from a legal and ethical standpoint, can’t be ignored.
All of this begs the question, ‘Do you have a strategic plan in place for ADA support? And are you doing enough?’
This webinar will explore solutions that work, and translate those solutions into actionable plans for your own campus. Join our panel of experts from North Carolina State University, 3Play Media and Sonic Foundry as they get you up to speed on current and emerging IT accessibility issues, policy and law. They’ll uncover strategies and resources, and dive into specific examples that will help you gain a deeper understanding of what it means to create an accessible campus, including:
- Accommodating special needs students in today’s video-heavy learning experience
- Recent and upcoming legislation impacting video accessibility and closed captioning
- How to find the resources, staff and time to implement accessibility measures
- Tips to draw more value out of the academic video created on your campus
- How solid accessibility practices will foster deeper engagement with faculty and students campus-wide
Presented by industry experts Greg Kraus, the University IT Accessibility Coordinator at North Carolina State University and Tole Khesin, the VP of Marketing at 3Play Media, which provides closed captioning and transcription services to make video accessible, searchable, and more engaging.