Here at Team Mediasite, we like to take time at the end of the year to look back at some of our favorite moments – and there were a lot to pick from! Here are the highlights from 2017. Keep checking back in the coming days and weeks as we count down to our favorite moment.
10. The new Mediasite RL Mini: Meet the next little thing in lecture capture. This year we debuted the Mediasite RL Mini, proving that automated lecture capture doesn't need to break the bank. The new plug-and-play device adds automated video and content capture to any learning space with limited (or no) built-in camera or AV sources. It's perfect for community colleges, vocational-tech schools, small departments and K12 classrooms with tight budgets.
Put it anywhere. Instructors simply plug in their laptop and camera webcam and start teaching. Learn more.
11. Heard at EDUCAUSE: 2017 was the Year of the Active Classroom.
Active learning classrooms – student-centered, technology-rich environments – took off this year. And they’re only going to grow in popularity, becoming more mainstream in the years ahead.
Learn why this approach to learning is the next big thing, and hear from a professor who experimented with it and saw impressive results.
12. Webinar - The Three P’s of Accessibility.
Do you find it difficult to make your classes truly accessible? Are you struggling to know where to start? Join the club.
This webinar covers both the technical and pedagogical considerations for creating accessible video. You don’t want to miss this one.
13. Case Study: Vanderbilt School of Nursing used Mediasite to create a ton of content. During a recent semester, faculty created more than 22,000 hours of video, which got over 30k! Find out how they did it.
14. Video: Our 2017 Predictions. Last year our team made predictions for 2017. Watch them again to see who got it right!
15. eCampus News article: How universities are leveraging online video technology for no-boundaries learning: Check out our CEO Gary Weis’ column in eCampus News all about no-boundaries learning. He talks about how video can help support global learning for students interested in curricula from U.S. institutions.
16. Unleash17. This year more than 300 of our customers attended our user conference in Madison, Wis. (and online via Mediasite, of course). Relive the conference and our amazing Enterprise Video Award winners.
17. Webinar & Report: Prescribing New Solutions for Video in Healthcare.
Healthcare is changing fast. The heated debate about healthcare reform, the constant rollout of new technologies, pharmaceuticals, and treatment programs, and the shift toward digitization of patient records are all contributing to the rapid evolution. The need for new tools to improve healthcare skills training and patient care has never been greater.
Check out this webinar with Wainhouse Research and read its report Prescribing New Solutions for Communications in Healthcare. It revealed that healthcare managers increasingly rely on streaming video for effective, just-in-time communication.