Today is Community Manager Appreciation Day, but we don’t need a special day to remember why our fearless Mediasite Community leader, Kristin Zurovitch, rocks. Here are the top five reasons why Kristin is an amazing community manager, turning our over 3,800 customers worldwide into a Mediasite family that supports and learns from each other.
- She’s the force behind the 10th year of Unleash, the Mediasite User Conference. Unleash brings together Mediasite users, thought leaders and influencers from around the world and provides valuable glimpses into the future of video in the enterprise and on campus. There’s no larger gathering for Mediasite enthusiasts and online video professionals. Unleash 2016, our 10th anniversary celebration, takes place May 2-4 in Madison, Wis. (Mediasite users can register at http://unleash.sonicfoundry.com/registration/)
- The Mediasite Community is a vibrant online group with 2,200 members strong and growing. Mediasite users don’t just talk about their best practices, successes and goals to their colleagues across the hall. On a daily basis, customers worldwide share, connect and learn from each other via the Mediasite Community. They may be from opposite sides of the world, on separate coasts or just a city away, but they are united by similar questions, experiences and ambitions for their video deployments. (If you’re a Mediasite user and are not a member of the Community yet, be sure to join at http://usergroup.sonicfoundry.com/.)
- She’s created more opportunities for customers to interact face-to-face. In 2015, we hit the road with a series of seven regional Mediasite Chapter Meetings hosted by customers passionate about video and eager to be part of the global Mediasite Community expansion. With a lot of help from fellow marketer Megan Morrow, the regional tour so far includes:
- European Forum at Inholland University of Applied Sciences in Amsterdam
- Southern California Chapter Meeting hosted by Chapman University
- Carolinas Chapter Meeting hosted by NC State
- Minnesota Chapter Meeting hosted by The Marketing Plant
- Australia and New Zealand Summit 2015 hosted by Southern Cross University (Read a blog about the event.)
- Ontario Chapter Meeting hosted at Ontario Hospital Association (Read a blog about the event.)
- Northeast Chapter Meeting hosted by New York University Stern School of Business (Read a blog about the event.)
- We’ve got three more regional events planned for this year, and more will be added throughout the year:
- She’s fun to have in the office. Period.
Thanks to Kristin and all the community managers for their efforts!