Sonic Foundry is committed to minimizing the environmental impact of UNLEASH 2010, the Mediasite User Conference.
Each year we take steps to meet green:
- Chose a LEED-certified conference facility dedicated to sustainability
- Selected a conference facility within walking distance of the hotel, evening entertainment and Sonic Foundry's headquarters to reduce potential transportation-related carbon emissions
- Chose lodging with recycling and waste reduction programs including towel reuse and newspapers on request
- Encourage use of the hotel's free shuttle service or green cab service to and from the airport
- Offer reusable water glasses to avoid the use of unnecessary plastic or paper cups
- Produce conference materials that are useful, sustainable and/or organic including tote bags, t-shirts, notepads, pens and handouts
- Collect unwanted tote materials for reuse at other events
- Print only the absolute necessary conference materials
- Print event signage and other materials double-sided whenever possible
- Market through electronic means when possible
- Make all conference sessions available on-demand through Mediasite, minimizing the need for printed handouts
- Rent or reuse existing conference decorations vs. producing new
- Donate unserved meals to a local food bank
- Avoid individually packaged snacks
Have other ideas how we can make UNLEASH more green? Email us.
Monona Terrace Community and Convention Center
Forty-nine percent of the solid waste material generated at Monona Terrace is currently recycled and also uses a broad range of environmentally friendly cleaning products as well as high efficiency light bulbs minimizing the amount of mercury brought into the building.
Monona Terrace is certified as a Travel Green Wisconsin business, which recognizes the commitment to continuously improve operations in order to reduce environmental impact.
Hilton Madison Monona Terrace